Welcome to Alkrington Primary School and our website.
3rd April 2020
School is open in Easter holidays for eligible children, including Bank Holidays. If your child is attending, please send a packed lunch with your child. Free School Meal vouchers are available in term time to some, ask for details. Your child might now be eligible.
2nd April 2020
School will be open for the full weeks beginning 6th and 13th April - 8.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. If your child is eligible to come - vulnerable children, or those of key workers - please let us know when you need us to help us with staff planning.
1st April 2020
The scheme for providing for children entitled to free school meals is now open.
If your child is entitled to Free School Meals you should have received a message about the new voucher scheme. If you haven't, please contact school and provide an email address as soon as possible.
The scheme will provide vouchers for each child, who is entitled due to their circumstances, to the value of £15 per week which can be spent at major supermarkets.
For more details click on the link below:
School Closure update - 27th March 2020
School remains open for the children of critical workers and vulnerable children.
This week we have had a maximum of 28 and a low today of 11.
- School is open from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Staff attend on a rota. There will always be someone in the school office to respond to your emails and calls.
- It looks likely that school will remain open, for those who qualify, during the Easter period. More details to follow.
- For many children and families, we will be making regular contact to make sure that all is OK and to identify any problems.
- Teachers are busy preparing, posting and monitoring the work done by children. They have a list of which children have, or have not, accessed the online materials so far. This may be for a perfectly valid reason, so they are there to help. The school office is open between 8.00 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. to help, or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We still have home learning packs at school for collection. Some have been delivered, others might be on the way.
- If your child is entitled to a Free School Meal (FSM) you may order a 'Grab Bag' from school for collection. Please ring by 9.30 a.m. A scheme which provides vouchers for these children is on the way, more details next week. The vouchers are, I understand, worth £15 per week per child. If you believe that your child might be entitled, to complete an online application go online to:
- We will do our best to help in these difficult circumstances - just give us a call.
School Closure Update - 22nd March 2020
See the letter below for further advice.
Children should only be attending school is absolutely essential because parents are directly involved in the critical response to COVID-19. School staff will be challenging parents to ensure that this is so.
Maintain as much social distancing as possible.
School Closure Update - 20th March 2020
The 'official' list of Key Workers is now available - click here for details and further advice about the arrangements for those children who might be able to continue to attend school.
Latest News on Coronavirus and school
See the attached letters with some of the questions that you might need answers for. To summarise:
Safe After School Campaign
Please read and cosider the information on the poster below - which wants to help you check that clubs and activities that your child might attend out of school are safely and appropriately organised. For more information search for RBSCP Safe After School
Ambition and Aspiration
We would like to encourage our children to look to the future and think about what might lie ahead in their lives. To that end we are organising events in Community Week, beginning 23rd March, which might give children an insight into the world of work.
We already have a number of volunteers willing to come and talk to the children about their jobs and what is involved and how they ‘got there’, but we need more.
If you feel that you could contribute, and spend some time talking to a group about your job/career, please contact Mr Nott at school.
If you have a link with a local business and would be keen to work with us in any way, also contact Mr Nott.
Thank to your generous donations, we now have a community defibrillator fitted into a secure cabinet attached to our school fence. You can find it near to the entrance to the staff car park.
The defibrillator is for use by anyone in need, and can be accessed by calling 999 in an emergency. The operator will tell you the code to open the cabinet.
Well done to Mr Nott, who has been the inspiration behind this scheme, and to those who raised the funds to pay for it, including Jenson Bleakley-White, who raised an incredible £400 towards our total.
Inter-School Cross Country Champions 2019
The final race took place at St. Mary’s RC Primary School on 13th November.
The results for our school teams:
Y3 1st Place Y4 1st Y5 1st Y6 2nd
Overall our school was in 1st place. This will be the fourth consecutive year when our school have been winners of this event.
Congratulations to all of our runners. Medals have been presented to each of the children who have represented our school in at least 2 of the 5 races this season
Well done to the winners of the final race.
Harry Ireland Y3 boys Chloe Millar Y4 girls
I have posted a summary of team results on our Twitter page
Thanks to the staff who have helped us to achieve this: Mr Kelly, Mr Nott, Mr Lawlor, Mr Torr and Mrs Platt
Racing to Read
From week commencing 18/11, school will be running a reading incentive to encourage our pupils to be reading at home as often as possible. The planners will be checked weekly to update how many times a child has read at home, which will be logged on our school reward chart. Please can you ensure that your child is reading at home regularly (not necessarily always with an adult or the school band book) and planners are signed to show this.
Parents' and Carers' Questionnaire
Click on the link below to look at a summary of the results from the survey conducted during Parents' Evening on 9th October. Thank you to the 257 respondents who took the time to respond and to our School Councillors who carried out the survey.
Times Table Rock Stars
After the October holiday, we will be launching TT Rockstars across school for children from Y1 upwards. It is an online ‘game’ used by many schools across the country which encourages and rewards the learning of times tables. Your child should have their login details in the front of their planners. Please check that they can log in at home and if there are any issues, please let your child’s teacher know.
Phonics and Welcome event in Reception
Thank you to all those parents/carers who attended our phonics/welcome event. As requested, the PowerPoint is available below.
Breakfast and After School Club ( BC and ASC )
To make sure that we have all of the correct information and can accomodate as many children as possible, please complete, where needed, and return to the school office the following forms:
- If you want to apply for a place at the BC and/or the ASC: Click here
- Information about how the BC+ASC works, costs, hours, location etc: Click here
- If your child is already registered but you need to change hours/days: Click here
- If you no longer need a place at the BC and/or ASC for your child: Click here
Holiday Pattern for 2019 - 2020
The holiday schedule for the current school year and next is available by clicking: Here
Latest Alkrington Primary Events
- School Closed06Apr2020
- School Closed07Apr2020
- School Closed08Apr2020
- School Closed09Apr2020
- School Closed10Apr2020