APPLYING FOR A PLACE AT ALKRINGTON pS
If you are applying for a place in the Nursery class click below for an application form
The deadline for applications is 15th January and completed applications should be sent to school. Following this date offers will be made.
If you are applying for a place in the Reception class, click below for the link for applying
The deadline is also 15th January and applications are made to Rochdale LA Admissions. Offers of places are made after the Easter holiday.
Alkrington Primary School admits pupils using the criteria set out by the Local Authority which can be found on the following webpage:
In brief these criteria are:
For community and voluntary controlled schools we allocate places in the following order:
1. Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school;
2. Children in the Care of a Local Authority;
3. Children with a medical or psychological reason for attending that school;
4. Children with elder siblings attending the school;
5. Children with church affiliation, only applicable to Voluntary Controlled Church of England Schools;
6. Proximity - nearness to the school.
Details of the criteria, how they are applied and to which schools they apply to:
Admission to the Nursery Class
Admissions to our Nursery are managed by the school, not the local authority. Application forms are available from the school office and on this website page and have to be submitted by 15th January, for admission in the following September.
Parents are notified in February and March as to whether they have places. Priority is given to those pupils who will have a brother or sister in school when they are admitted and other applications are considered on the basis of the admission crieria for other places in school.
Please contact school regarding Nursery admissions as spaces may be available during the year.