Alkrington Primary School admits pupils using the criteria set out by the Local Authority which can be found on the following webpage:
In brief these criteria are:
What are the admission criteria?
For community and voluntary controlled schools we allocate places in the following order:
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs which names the school;
- Children in the Care of a Local Authority;
- Children with a medical or psychological reason for attending that school;
- Children with elder siblings attending the school;
- Children with church affiliation, only applicable to Voluntary Controlled Church of England Schools;
- Proximity - nearness to the school.
Details of the criteria, how they are applied and to which schools they apply to:
Admission to the Nursery Class
Admissions to our Nursery are managed by the school, not the local authority. Application forms are available from the school office and have to be submitted by a date in December, for admission in the following September.
Parents are notified in January as to whether they have places. Priority is given to those pupils who will have a brother or sister in school when they are admitted and other applications are considered on a 'First come, first served' basis.
Please contact school regarding Nursery admissions as spaces may be available.